A simple, nutrient dense meal!
- best quality grass fed beef fillet (allow 125 to 150 grams per person)
- egg yolk (1 per person), use only the freshest, best quality eggs, preferably pastured
- spanish onions (finally chopped)
- salted capers (rinsed and chopped)
- gherkins (I used my own lacto fermented cucumbers)
- flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- chives (finally chopped)
- garlic infused EV olive oil
- Coconut aminos
- piment d’espelette
- salt & black pepper
- Trim the meat and chop it finely.
- Add the seasonings (onions, capers, gherkins, parsley, chives, piment d’espelette, olive oil, coconut aminos, salt & pepper) according to your liking.
- Form into a patty.
- Place an egg yolk on top.
- Serve with a side salad and thin slices of toasted sourdough bread.
To make steak tartare you need to use the best quality beef. Fortunately, we have access to good quality, chemical free, grass fed beef directly from the farmer. Our beef comes from Hawthorne Partnership (a father and son team) whose farm is located in Tannymorel near the border town of Killarney, Queensland (see flyer below):Print This Post