Sourdough pasta, roll out thinly and cut to required size
For the filling:
1 large onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1tbsp olive oil
250g of cooked spinach or silverbeet, chopped (excess liquid squeezed out)
500g cottage cheese
500g fresh ricotta
100g Parmesan, grated
finely grated rind of 1 lemon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
½ cup fresh chopped parsley
freshly ground salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C .
- Cook the onion, garlic and oil in frying pan until softened.
- Place cottage and ricotta cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the softened onion, spinach, half of the parmesan, eggs, lemon, nutmeg and parsley to the bowl.
- Mix well and season to taste.
- Spoon about ½ cup filling onto each pasta sheet and gently roll up –fill the ends with a little extra filling.
- Place seam side down into a large baking dish.
- Pour over the sauce and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and mozzarella. Bake for 45 minutes covered. Remove cover and bake for a further 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Stand 5 minutes before serving.