When you realise how super easy it is to make your own mustard, you won’t be picking one up from the supermarket shelf again. Plus you can tailor it to exactly how you like it. Using the basic recipe from Nourishing Traditions (pg. 104), I made this version.
Recipe for Lacto-Fermented Mustard (adapted from Nourishing Traditions)
1 cup yellow mustard seeds
1/4 cup of pure organic wasabi powder
1/2 cup filtered water
2 tbs whey
2 tsp sea salt
juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp honey (less or more)
1 tsp tumeric powder
2 tbs whole black mustard seeds
- Soak the yellow mustard seed overnight. Drain and grind into a paste.
- Mix in the wasabi powder, tumeric, whey, sea salt, honey, lemon juice.
- Add the water and blend until you obtain the desired consistency.
- Add the whole black mustard seeds.
- Place in a jar and cover tightly.
- Leave it at room temperature for about 3 days and then refrigerate.
Related posts:Print This Post