I use the leftover venison mixture for the meatball to make this eggplant stack, our version of a “hamburger”.
Venison mixture, make into 4 patties
1 large eggplant, cut into 6 round slices
4 slices of mozzarella cheese
lacto-fermented ginger carrots, beets or sauerkraut
- Preheat the oven grill to medium-high.
- On the stove-top, heat a grill pan over medium heat, brush eggplants with oil until tender (about 4 minutes on each side)
- Place patties in a lined baking tray and baked until cook through. Place a slice of cheese on each pattie and cook until cheese has melted.
- Assemble the stack by topping an eggplant with a pattie, and a slice of cheese, a spoonful of lacto-fermented vegetables, repeat another layer and finish off with a slice of eggplant on top.
- Venison Meatballs
- French Onion Soup (without the tears)
- Grilled Fish with Carrot, Yacon & Seaweed Salad