Inspired by a recipe for citrus cured wagyu beef in Luke Nguyen’s Indochine, I made this amazingly delicious appetizer using lamb hearts.
Citrus-cured lamb hearts
- 2 lamb hearts
- juice from 2 Tahitian limes
- 2 tsp of coconut aminos
- 1 tsp of coconut nectar
- a pinch of salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp of grated ginger (optional)
- 1 tsp of fried garlic
- a handful of herbs finely chopped (I used saw-tooth coriander, mint, green onion)
- 1 tbs chopped crispy nuts
- a drizzle of coconut vinaigrette
- Clean and trim the heart and cut into thin slices.
- Arrange in a single layer in a dish.
- Mix the lime juice, coconut aminos, salt & pepper, ginger and coconut nectar in a bowl and pour the mixture over the slices of lamb hearts.
- Cover and set aside to marinate for 1/2 hour.
- Remove the lamb hearts from the lime mixture and give it a squeeze to remove the excess.
- Place the lamb hearts in a bowl with the mixed herbs, fried garlic and chopped crispy nuts.
- Drizzle with the coconut vinaigrette.
For the coconut vinaigrette combine the following ingredients in a jar, screw tight and give it a good shake.
3 tbs coconut vinegar
3 tbs garlic infused EVOO
1 tsp coconut aminos
a pinch of salt
a pinch of chilli flakes
1 tbs lime juice
1 tbs coconut nectar (or a couple drops of stevia)